From: Bill Eddleman <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, July 8, 2010 4:23:37 PM
Subject: Re: What's a chicken hawk?

Not much out there is bigger than a redtail—except eagles. Perhaps there is
confusion because females are substantially larger than many male redtails.

Most “chicken hawks” were probably Cooper’s Hawks, which are just now becoming
pretty common in our part of the state after being persecuted for decades. I
would imagine the occasional redtail probably also would kill a chicken. After
all, many chickens are among the most stupid birds around!

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau