Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:27:48 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Yup! - Brown Pelican @ Blue Springs Lake!
To: [log in to unmask]

Thanks, Ruth, for keeping us posted of the Brown Pelican activities and speficifically where to look for it. Several of us ventured out to Blue Springs Lake again this evening and it was exactly where you described. He was pretty far out, about half way across the lake, but with a scope or a good zoom lens, there was no question on the identification.

It was neat to see this bird in our community! Hopefully he'll hang around a little longer for more birders to enjoy.

Heidi Retherford
Independence, MO