Mary Anne and I spent a couple of hours at Columbia Bottom CA this afternoon.  The two Black-necked Stilts were on the far edge of the first pond on the left after entering the gravel road.  They were busy chasing off several Killdeer and Grackles that landed close to their area.  They also chased off a pair of Blue-winged Teal from the same area.  Little Blue Herons were all over the CA.  As we were heading out on the asphault road to depart, we scanned a flooded field between the visitor center and our location from the asphault road.  There were a half-dozen Cattle Egrets and lots of little Blue Herons.  In the water, we saw a female Red-breasted Merganser.  She had a light golden crest, a long thin reddish bill, white under the wing when lifted.  There were about ten plus Bank Swallows at the end of the gravel road, where it intersects the asphault road.

David & Mary Anne Marjamaa
Manchester, Mo