Today, I followed the directions created by Charlene (see below). I found an Ibis at 2 pm. I had my scope (40X fixed) but not my field guide.

Looking at Stokes Guide now, it looked to me like it must have been a White-faced Ibis. It definitely had a red iris. Had I had my field guide I would have been more particular in observing the subtleties of its features to compare it with the Glossy. But again, the red iris was evident, which would make it a White-faced, according to Stokes. I also observed it fly and there was no white underwing.

I found the Ibis about 100 meters away in the "fuddles" when I was about 75 yards past the mailboxes described below looking east-north-east.

Directions from St. Louis:
I-255 south to Columbia, IL
- Take Rt. 3 exit off of I-255 into Columbia
- Take Palmer Road exit,
- Turn right onto Palmer to go past Red Roof Convenience Store
and the next 4 way stop sign.
- Turn right at this stop sign, "Dd" road
- Turn rt. on to Ramsey Road, this will take you north toward
I-255 and past the River Lakes Golf course. Follow this west
along I-255 to next road.
- Turn right on to Fish Lake Road, this will take you North over the
interstate.

( www.google.maps.com has this road as "Levee" but sign on road is "Fish Lake")

- Turn LEFT on "Bb" road - sign is messed with and hard to read/understand.
- Follow "Bb" road straight to the levee.
- Turn right on to this road (Levee Road on the GPS & google.maps.com)
 Follow this road north for ~ 2.0 miles to where the paved road turns to
gravel (county line?) and there are 2 mailboxes together. One is 1700, other
1704 Bottoms Rd.

One of the mailboxes is round. One box has the name Stevens on it

North of the house look east for the fluddles that had the TWO Ibis and ducks.
There's flooded fields along this levee for a bit along the Levee Road if the
birds

Bob Bailey
St. Louis, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/