A small group of us watched at least 5 King Rails this morning at Clarence
Cannon NWR.   The largest number of rails was found along  the first road
that leads toward the river.  Enter the refuge with the  visitor's center on
the right.  Turn left and follow that road till it  turns right.  The rails
were in the pond area .6 miles down that road on  the right.  We also saw
one juvenile at the area Al Smith and Paul Bauer  originally posted with
directions.  We saw a ranger just before walking the  levee and he told us that
he hadn't seen the rails at the end of the levee on  Monday because the area
had begun to dry up.  We did not find the Virginia  Rail.

The group of rails along the road included 3 female adults and a number of
juveniles of different ages and sizes.  We viewed them at various times
between 6 am and 8 am.

After looking for 5 years, I finally found a Mississippi Kite on a nest in
Webster Groves!

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO

http://mobirds.org/