I was back out to the Thompson River Wetland Tues before 7 a.m. after seeing a
nice bunch of shorebirds on Monday. The only ones I saw were Killdeer and
finally one Greater Yellowlegs that dropped into some vegetation. The rest had
moved on. The flock of 50+ White Pelicans were still there, couple Great Egrets
had come in and saw a pair of Blue-winged Teals I had not seen before.

 I ran down to Fountain Grove CA yesterday morning and found quite a bit of
mudflats and shallow water but NO shorebirds other than a couple Killdeer. I
think sometimes the birds don't like areas that have been under flood waters too
long.

I went back out to TRW this a.m. Water levels higher after Very Heavy Rain
yesterday and some places growing up in vegetaion. I found several Least
Sandpipers, and one Solitary Sandpiprs, and of course Killdeers.Hopefully more
will come in after water goes down again.

Later,
Steve Kinder
 Chillicothe, Livingston Co.

http://mobirds.org/