Mary Anne and I spent a couple of hours at Columbia Bottom CA this
afternoon.  The two Black-necked Stilts were on the far edge of the first
pond on the left after entering the gravel road.  They were busy chasing off
several Killdeer and Grackles that landed close to their area.  They also
chased off a pair of Blue-winged Teal from the same area.  Little Blue
Herons were all over the CA.  As we were heading out on the asphault road to
depart, we scanned a flooded field between the visitor center and our
location from the asphault road.  There were a half-dozen Cattle Egrets and
lots of little Blue Herons.  In the water, we saw a female Red-breasted
Merganser.  She had a light golden crest, a long thin reddish bill, white
under the wing when lifted.  There were about ten plus Bank Swallows at the
end of the gravel road, where it intersects the asphault road.

David & Mary Anne Marjamaa
Manchester, Mo