Julian's Revelations of Divine Love is not long and is easily available in paperback and has been for a long time.  Why not just read her if one is interested?
Nancy

>>> Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]>07/23/10 9:36 PM >>>
From "The Shewings of Julian of Norwich: Introduction"
"Than He, without voice and openyng of lippis [lips], formys [forms] in my soule these words: Herewith is the fend [fiend] overcome".

"Julian's showings comprise visual images, words that emerge in her mind fully articulated, and spiritual events without sensuous representation, either visual or verbal. She carefully reports not only the content of her experiences, but also their modes of perception: "All this was shewid by thre, that is to sey, be bodily sight, and by word formyd in my understonding, and be gostly sight. But the gostly sight - I cannot ne may not shew it as hopinly ne as fully as I wolde" [All this was shown in three ways, that is to say, by bodily sight, by words formed in my mind, and by spiritual sight. But I cannot nor may not show the spiritual sight as openly nor as fully as I would wish to do] (lines 340-43; see also 2974-79). And again, "Than He, without voice and openyng of lippis [lips], formys [forms] in my soule these words: Herewith is the fend [fiend] overcome" (lines 500-01; see also 2829-30)."

http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/teams/julianin.htm

recovering "the ground of our beseeching"

CR