Rather complex?  Ay, there's the rub!

"[B]ut you are the music / While the music lasts."

Cheers,
 CR

--- On Sun, 7/25/10, Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
"Let us go then, you and I,
 When the evening is spread out against the sky
 Like a patient etherised upon a table;"

If one sets about considering these lines as poetry, as something different from prose, a question likely to arrest our attention is "What is it that makes it poetry?"

I look forward to the listers' participation in this debate -- a debate, though, that has occupied critical attention all along and, therefore, might seem rather iterative. But I'm sure this is a debate that warrants an unremitting engagement with the beauty of art -- an enterprise that hardly ever fails to delight.

Cheers,
CR