It may be in other regional pockets. My stepdaughter from Georgia didn't say it but found it familiar. I don't know specifically where it appears, but I was told by a linguist long ago it was Midwestern. In fact, I had just met him--and I have not had a distinctly Midwestern voice for a long time; I had just then come back from a year in Scotland with a noticeable Scottish accent, now gone--and he said, "You're from the Midwest." I asked how he knew, and he said because I had just used a positive anymore.

It may also be only part of the UP. Northern Michigan U is way north and west from where I grew up: between the Manistique lakes, near Hemingway country. I don't remember hearing it from others around Detroit either.
Nancy
P. S. You used it in the correct position, but it does not seem totally idiomatic to me to use it in that context. I'm not sure why; probably there are typical uses. For example, I would say things like "I'm so tired anymore," or "It's really hot anymore." But I would not say "they're a lot of fun anymore" or "things are difficult anymore." I couldn't explain what is defining the context.

>>> Carrol Cox 07/12/10 7:15 PM >>>
> Nancy Gish wrote:
>
> It's not just Illinois. I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
> and have always said the positive anymore. It's midwestern but
> broader than Illinois. I have to explain that a lot anymore.
> Nancy

That's interesting. I taught for two years at Northern Michigan, and if
I encountered it there in my students I didn't notice it. My wife comes
from Arthur Illinois (sort of between Decatur and Urbana-Champaign) and
the first time I really focused on the construction was when she used
it. The UP is quite a distance from central Illinois, and while I don't
know anything about Wisconsin usage, I have never encountered it from
any Illinois resident who lived north of Bloomington. If it occurs in
two such separated spots it may occur in others two, by what mode of
transmission I could not guess. I grew up in southwestern Michigan --
never encountered it there. And even though I hear it quite a bit
anymore it still always sounds weird to me. (And I don't kow if my usage
in thepreceding sentence was correct ornot.)

Carrol