Rod,

We do typically have just one type of hummingbird in Missouri - the ruby-throated hummingbird. Occasional vagrants usually occur in the late fall from what I understand.

Amy J. Hoffman
Jefferson City, Cole County

From: Rod Prouty <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, June 15, 2010 3:32:41 PM
Subject: Hummer Again

We have four feeders up. I wonder if there is only one in the area? I've
haven't seen more than one at a time at the feeders.

Are all of the hummingbirds in the area the same color?

Also, I'm working with an old monitor so the color/density may be off.

Thanks

Rod Prouty
Knob Noster, MO

http://www.pbase.com/rprouty/image/125633435