Call for Submissions

no manís land # 5

Contemporary German-language fiction and poetry in English translation.
Deadline: August 20, 2010.

no manís land, the online journal for contemporary German literature in translation, is seeking submissions for its 2010 issue.

For prose, send up to 3 texts (stories or self-contained novel excerpts, max. 4,000 words each) by one or different contemporary* writers. For poetry, send work by up to 3 poets, each to a maximum of 5 poems. No simultaneous submissions, please, and Ė with some possible exceptions** Ė no previously-published translations.

The deadline is August 20, 2010 (postmark date), and we will inform contributors by late September 2010; the issue will go online in November. We regret that we are unable to offer honoraria.

Please include your contact information, biographical and publication information (for both translator and author) and a copy of the original. Also, please provide proof of permission from the original publisher and/or author Ė whoever holds the rights to the piece (this could be a copy of a letter, or forward us an e-mail).

Submissions should be sent to no manís land, PO Box 02 13 04, 10125 Berlin, Germany.
If you can include the original text in file format (PDF or other), submissions can be sent electronically to Isabel Cole at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

For more information, visit our website at www.no-mans-land.org<http://www.no-mans-land.org/>, and feel free to contact us at the above e-mail address.

We look forward to reading your work!

The Editors, no manís land
www.no-mans-land.org<http://www.no-mans-land.org/>

*Defined more or less as writers currently active, or active in the later 20th/early 21st century. If in doubt, query!

** We are willing to make exceptions for translations that have appeared previously in very limited circulation and that we feel deserve a new audience. Again, please feel free to query.