I surveyed the 4 Joplin area lagoons this morning.
Highlight was a Common Tern, well observed, at
the Turkey Creek Facility, Jasper County.

1)  Turkey Creek:
Canada Goose  - three families of half grown total:  30
Killdeer - 2
Common Tern  1

2)  Carl Junction, also Jasper County:
Great Blue Heron  -  2
Canada Goose  4 + 4 young
Killdeer - 3
Spotted Sandpiper - 2
Northern Shoveler  -  2

3)  Center Creek, north of Webb City, Jasper County:
Canada Goose  -  5 + 2 young
Gadwall  4  (2 pair)
Killdeer  -  2
Cliff Swallow  -  100.
(There is a bridge out at Oronogo, = Oronogo Bottoms -
so several hundred swallows have the bridge all to
themselves.  A short mile from the lagoons).

4)  Shoal Creek on Apricot Drive, sw of Joplin, Newton Co.:
Cattle Egret  - 1  breeding plumage
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher  -  2.

My shorebird mudflats are all flooded, so no luck there.

Good birding,  Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper Co., MO.