Hi MOBirders:

I paid close attention to bird song today.  Highlights included:

--  Bell's Vireo, 1, Univ City, StL Cnty.  An unusual place for this species and a new spot for me.  Possibly a migrant.  Who knows?
--  Olive-sided Flycatcher, 1, Chubb Trail, Castlewood SP.
--  Alder Flycatcher, 1, Buder Park river trail, StL Cnty.
--  Mourning Warbler, 1, same place.  Also at this spot I heard the first two notes of a song that might have been that of a Connecticut.
--  Willow Flycatcher, 1, Riverlands MBS behind Heron Pond.
--  Marsh Wren, 1, same place but in front of Heron Pond.

Other birds from today:

--  Mississippi Kite, Buder Park.
--  Least Tern, 4, Riverlands.
--  Black Tern, 45, same place.  Best effort to count fast-moving birds.
--  Little Blue Heron, 32, Columbia Bottom CA.  Included first-year calicos and adults.
--  Cattle Egret, 8, same place.
--  Caspian Tern, 1, same place.
--  Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, 1, same place.

Nifty treat this with a COMMON NIGHTHAWK resting on a utility wire stretched across the intersection of MO-94 and St. Croix/Fox Hill near the ZX gas station, St. Chas. Cnty:

http://mike-thelen.smugmug.com/gallery/12275734_qDGga#875416850_SBgur

Willow Flycatcher at Riverlands:

http://mike-thelen.smugmug.com/gallery/12275734_qDGga#875417608_4fAWC
http://mike-thelen.smugmug.com/gallery/12275734_qDGga#875418376_kQXEG