Three of us went over to RMBS Saturday afternoon after the CBCA SLAS birding trip.  There were 4 Least Terns out near the barge, 2 on a floating log and 2 on a buoy.  There was a flock of Black Terns out over Ellis Bay and I counted 60+ in the group.  The Corp of Engineer's representative came by to count the terns and said that none of them had landed on the barges yet.  They are monitoring the situation, he said.  We were wondering if they are concerned that the Least Terns are avoiding landing because of the new predator fencing.

RMBS is very flooded with the road to Ellis Island area closed, the road to the confluence closed, and the road to the lock on the MO side closed.

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO