I found 3 fledgling LEOW  in a Pine Grove in Livingston Co. today. There were in a different tree but near the nest. There was a second nest but I found broken egg shells under it where it had been predated a few weeks ago. This is a place they have roosted at in the Winter the last several years, but not the same one where they nested before and attempted to nest last year. I have been monitoring this area but have kept it pretty quiet for obvious reasons.

I was wondering if anyone has been checking for nesting Short-eared Owls in South Mo. where the big concentrations were last Winter??

 Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe