This afternoon about 4pm Richard Coles reached me on my cell, advising he and Owen Sexton had found an adult Scissor-tailed Flycatcher off St Charles County road N (North off Hwy 40 before Wentzville) in the same area as the birds have nested the last 3 or 4 years.  Last year a storm left the nest dangling before young had either hatched or fledged.  Directions were follow N to intersection at bottom of hill and turn right.  Go a short distance and turn left into the big Target mall service drive past a red fire hydrant on your right to the end of the drive where there are four red fire hydrants on the left.  The flycatcher was hunting from a couple of small trees overlooking a little pond downhill on the left (Missouri bird).  Hope there are a pair and that they will nest nearby once again.

Shortly before the storm hit about 430 I had checked HSLSP in Illinois for C Moorhens and had not found even a coot from boat launch or Hwy 111 Causeway, but at the pond next to the Cahokia Mounds Museum parking lot in Madison County Illinois there was a single adult Yellow-crowned Night Heron; one had been reported to me as seen in the grounds there by John Loomis.  There was one Little Blue Heron in the pond and five breeding plumage Cattle Egrets across Collinsville road near Monks Mound.

Jackie Chain   St Louis County