The paths are all flooded. I stood at the bridge and listened to a warbler.
So I thought. It has an ascending song like prairie and parula. But it was
neither. I played all the songbirds on my iPod, it is none of them.

The bird is in the area between the parking lot and the bridge, seems to be
resident.

This reminds me of my early birding days, the really fun days, with first
field guide and Wal Mart 12x25 binoculars. I would come home with the notes
on the bird I found, a new bird. I could find all the parts that  I noted on
the bird in the book. Just not on the same bird.

Happy June birding. I will get out there a few times, time permitting.

Esa Jarvi
St Louis County