Three of us went over to RMBS Saturday afternoon after the CBCA SLAS
birding trip.  There were 4 Least Terns out near the barge, 2 on a floating  log
and 2 on a buoy.  There was a flock of Black Terns out over Ellis Bay  and I
counted 60+ in the group.  The Corp of Engineer's representative  came by
to count the terns and said that none of them had landed on the barges  yet.
They are monitoring the situation, he said.  We were wondering  if they are
concerned that the Least Terns are avoiding landing  because of the new
predator fencing.

RMBS is very flooded with the road to Ellis Island area closed, the  road
to the confluence closed, and the road to the lock on the MO side  closed.

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO