To follow up on two Eagle Bluffs threads:

1)  I didn't hear or see the Black-throated Blue after sending Ryan
the text earlier this morning (I heard it pretty well 4-5 times before
it faded into the distant river swamp near the north-most pump station).

2)  I did see the aforementioned Scissor-tailed Flycatchers that Mark
reported on.  I too watched them for a awhile and noticed that while
the male was busy showing off and flying around, the female was
picking pieces of grass and other debris from the base of what
appeared to be her favorite telephone pole.  She would carry the
grass, etc. to the top of the pole** and lay it down and start to
settle down on top of it, rustling this way and that.  It appears that
they are now starting to nest.  Who knows, in another few months we
may have some Scissor-tailed Flycatcher chicks....

**[If you take Star School Road south from Burr Oak, keep going until
you make a sharp left (East) through a couple of large trees.  You
should be facing East with a clear field to your left (North) and some
brushy habitat to your right (South).  Continue straight (East) and
stop before the road makes a sharp right (there should be private
property in front of you and the main road turns back south (to the
right)).  There is a telephone pole directly in front of you and next
to a large tree.  This is the pole.  Stop by and wish them luck.  They
were busy chasing away blue jays when I was there.]

I'm still missing a Sandhill Crane from my life list (I'm from Georgia/
South Carolina)... if only I had more time today to check out the rest
of the ponds to the South of the first river access...  Oh well, can't
complain.  It was a great day for a quick jaunt out to Eagle Bluffs.

Good birding!

Tom Luhring