This morning (figuring we would have nice sunny day) I headed down to Weston Bend State Park to see if there would be any lingering wood warblers about. With scattered clouds, intermittent sunshine you would think it would be an ideal day for birding. Not! The wind was blowing a gale most of the morning. Birds were not to be seen/heard in any great abundance (except for the Red-eyed Vireos, pewees, etc.).

However, an adult male Hooded Warbler was doing quite a bit of singing and was perching for good views in the area between the Observation Overlook and the Overlook parking lot. So it turned out a pretty good day after all.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
gcrownkinglet AT yahoo DOT com