Late this afternoon I got a glimpse of the head of a male Connecticut Warbler at Tower Grove Park, St. Louis City. It moved, so it was presumably attached to a body! Brief though the glimpse was, I was able to see the distinctive bold eye ring on a gray head. The bird was very deep in a thicket at the entrance to the Gaddy bird garden. An Ovenbird scared it deeper into the thicket and it now completely disappeared from sight.

Various people showed me lots of other warbler species, including a male Mourning Warbler at the bubbler. My thanks to them.

The park is very birdy. Two or more Veerys (Veeries?) in the Gaddy bird garden.

Mick Richardson

Kirkwood, St Louis County