Late this afternoon I got a glimpse of the head of a male Connecticut
Warbler at Tower Grove Park, St. Louis City. It moved, so it was
presumably attached to a body! Brief though the glimpse was, I was able
to see the distinctive bold eye ring on a gray head. The bird was very
deep in a thicket at the entrance to the Gaddy bird garden. An Ovenbird
scared it deeper into the thicket and it now completely disappeared from
sight.

Various people showed me lots of other warbler species, including a male
Mourning Warbler at the bubbler. My thanks to them.

The park is very birdy. Two or more Veerys (Veeries?) in the Gaddy bird
garden.

Mick Richardson

Kirkwood, St Louis County