A birder friend spent the weekend camping at Peck Ranch CA, and he reports watching an Inca Dove for 15 minutes on a gravel two track to one of the hunting areas on Friday, 5/7/10. He said that he eliminated imm. and adult Mourning Dove as well as Common Ground Dove as other possibilities.

I'm unfamiliar with the hunting areas and the location he saw this. I plan on making a run for this bird this weekend. I hope it's still there.

If more information/location is desired, please let me know, and I'll forward your request to him. He can give better directions to the Dove's location.

Regards,

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.