Dear MO-birders,

Yesterday afternoon, during the Spring Bird Count, we found a
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher right outside the Principia College gatehouse
(a corn stubble field). He flew around for about 10 minutes perching on
stalks, once in a tree by the road, and giving us fine views. The
picture is a bit blurry (distance, heat distortion, etc.) but
recognizable. He was "hanging" with some Eastern Kingbirds.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomfuller2001/

I don't know how common this bird is in Illinois, but it's the first
I've seen here.

Tom Fuller

Principia College

Elsah, IL