I posted this question on WhatBird, but no one is responding, so maybe you all can help. My mom has a female cardinal who is exhibiting some, if not odd then at least noticable, behavior. She sits on the porch and fluffs up her feather and kind of shakes and flutters her wings. Then she flys into the glass door. I haven't seen it, but it sounds like the kind of territorial behavior you see in kingbirds. Do cardinals do that too? The bird does have a mate who has been courting and feeding her.

Thanks for your help!
Amy J. Hoffman
Jefferson City, Cole County

http://mobirds.org/