This morning I went fishing/birding on the east side of Little Dixie Lake CA
in Boone County.

The best bird was a singing MOURNING WARBLER that took a bit of effort to
track down, but I was rewarded with good views of the singing bird. When I
arrived around 9:30am there were only 2 FORSTER'S TERNS roosting on a limb
in the middle of the lake, but there were 6 present when I left around noon.

Several NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH were singing, including two that were bobbing
up and down with the SPOTTED SANDPIPERS along the jetties. All of the local
swallows were present, including PURPLE MARTINS. A RED-SHOULDERED HAWK and
two BARRED OWLS were vocal from the west side of the lake.

Other migrants: NASHVILLE WARBLER, SWAINSON'S THRUSH, CHESTNUT-SIDED
WARBLER, WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW, and BLUE-HEADED VIREO.

Good birding,
Ryan
Columbia, Boone County

--