Well if it makes you feel better the ones we saw were near the Linn/Chariton Co. line. Not sure now which side they were on, but not Livingston anyway. I will be looking harder in Livingston Co. next year though! It's On!

 Maybe we could go for the Largest number this Fall? Ha!

SK

--- On Wed, 5/5/10, Patrick Harrison (Home) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Patrick Harrison (Home) <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Bobolinks and Eastern Kingbirds, Shelby County, 5/5/2010
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 3:24 PM

Steve Kinder doesn't know it, but there IS a competition between the two of us. I always strive to see a Bobolink in Shelby County, before he does in Livingston County... This year, he beat me!

Today, I observed my first 3 Bobolinks 8 miles east of Shelbyville on Hwy. 168. Additionally, Eastern Kingbirds adorned the barbed-wire fence in numerous locations along the same route.

Good Sunny Birding Day,

Patrick