I was at Eagle Bluffs CA again this morning from about 8:45am-11:20am.

On the way in I again encountered one SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHER in the same place as Monday.

I was unable to locate any Hudsonian Godwits or Short-billed Dowitchers.

I had a tough time finding any shorebirds at all for awhile, but when I got to the most southern parking lot by pool 14 I saw a large group of birds in the NW corner of the pool. I drove to the southern pool 11 parking lot on the one-way loop and walked ~12-15 minutes through the muck to get a much closer vantage point (a scope was still required, and I really wish I had purchased a 20x-60x eyepiece instead of a 30x fixed a few years ago). However, I was not disappointed by the looks I had (10:10am-11:05am).

WILLET - 2
LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER - 3
WILSON'S PHALAROPE - 60+
SANDERLING - 1 (in non-breeding plumage)
SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER - 15+
STILT SANDPIPER - 2
PECTORAL SANDPIPER - 30+
LEAST SANDPIPER - 5+
SEMIPALMATED PLOVER - 1
GREATER and LESSER YELLOWLEGS - 150+
DUNLIN - 8+
SOLITARY SANDPIPER - 3

Almost none of these birds were visible from any of the roads/parking areas, save the parking lot I first spied them from. At that distance they looked like moving blobs of mud.

Elsewhere I had KILLDEER and SPOTTED SANDPIPER to give me a 15 shorebird species morning.

The PEREGRINE FALCON made one pass at the group and I did not relocate the dowitchers afterward, but everything else was leisurely feeding when I left. While walking out to the shorebirds a flock of 27 FORSTER'S TERNS flew directly over my head, and as I mentioned to Phil on the phone, I really wish I hadn't left my camera back in the car for the walk.

Good birding,
Ryan

--
Ryan Douglas