Thanks very very much to Dave and Tom for a marvelous mornings bird
watching. I went to the temporary wetlands at Firma and Dalbow around 11am
and was treated to an eyeful of wonderful birds including a lifer in the form of
at least 1 Wilsons Phalarope [I know it's the commonest of the 3 on the StL
list but it had eluded me till now]There was a R/N phalarope on the little island
closest to the R/R +ing in the 1st lake as you come off Fima onto Dalbow also
Willets, both Yellowlegs,White Rumped SP's and I think I had the Sanderling
but not sure 'till I check my photos.The most entertaining and wonderful Stilt
was also in 1st pool and what a poser he/she was, kept me amused for
ages.No Y/H Blackbirds or Bobo's tho.Lots of E Kingbirds and foy Indigos and
sadly the 1st ever G/B Heron roadkill that I've ever seen.Must have flown out
of the moat that runs beside Dalbow and got hit by a rare passing
vehicle.Thanks again to dave and Tom.Les Jenkins.