Had a life-bird today.  We were at the Lovers' Leap overlook on the Scenic
Drive, Pere Marquette SP (Grafton IL).  Have been there numerous occasions,
at this time of year; this time, a very insistent summer tanager male did
everything but fly in my face, to be noticed.   Within a short time, saw a
female & two more males.  Also a few chipping sparrows, same location.  Just
down the road, had my FOY indigo buntings.  E. bluebirds were around the HQ
building, Two Rivers NWR.  Beautiful day to be out & about.

Ken Thompson  ([log in to unmask])
North StLouis County MO