Today, at a family gathering at my folks place, I glanced out into the yard my
parents have groomed for 35  years for birds and wildlife.  I looked into some
of the smaller trees to see what as stirring in the yard as I have been waiting
for several birds to finally show up.  I had 3 FOY birds today.  The highlight for
me, was a male Blue Grosbeak.  I could not believe it.  Not that I saw a Blue
Grosbeak, as my parents yard has had them for several years now.  What
amazed me was that last years FOY sighting of a Blue Grosbeak was also on
May 2nd!

To make things even more amazing...is that I also saw my FOY Male Ruby-
throated Hummingbird.  Guess what...it was May 2nd last year for my FOY
Hummer AND...saw a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak today...and last year, May
2nd, I say my FOY  Rose-breasted Grosbeak on May 2nd.

I thought it was pretty neat to have last years results repeat themself.  It
was indeed a joy to see the Blue Grosbeak as well as the others.  I hope they
nest here like they have done so in the past.  It is among my favorite birds to
observe and photograph.

Jason G. Harrison
Troy, Mo