I was at Schiller's Camera store the other day, in my muddy outdoor clothes
from bird banding at the World Bird Sanctuary all morning.  The guy who
helped me with my photo job was planning to be one of the photographers at
the WBS Photo Day last Sunday.  He mentioned that his 8-year-old son is VERY
interested in birds, keeps records in his journal, and meets his dad at the
door with, "Guess what I saw today!?!  A Rose-breasted Grosbeak!"  I quickly
gave him the St. L. Audubon website and suggested he look up the Saturday
walks, so he can take his son.  I told him the group LOVES to have kids
along, and they are all very helpful.  I didn't get interested in bird till
I was in my late 40s, but I still get as excited as a kid when I see
something really cool!

Susan Eaton
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO., MO