Et  regardez encore cette image

And regard the predominance of the brown --
it's a strain in TWL : "The wind / Crosses the brown land, unheard." --
"unheard" because there is no one to hear.

-----

"Unreal City,
 Under the brown fog of a winter dawn,
 A crowd flowed over London Bridge, so many,
 I had not thought death had undone so many."

"The river's tent is broken: the last fingers of leaf
 Clutch and sink into the wet bank. The wind
 Crosses the brown land, unheard. The nymphs are departed."

"Unreal City
 Under the brown fog of a winter noon
 Mr. Eugenides, the Smyrna merchant "

"But when I look ahead up the white road
There is always another one walking beside you
Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle* . . . "

[*and, therefore, indistinguishable, obscure. To me, in line with Eliot's deliberate distinction between white and white, red and red , brown and brown . . .]

Well, just an observation, if you like.

CR