  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:42 AM
  Subject: Re: a poetic reflection

        "The dripping plastered houses stand
         Like mendicants without regrets
         For unpaid debts
         Hand in pocket, undecided,
         Indifferent if derided."

        The lines deserve to stand at the head of Eliot's pre-Conversion poetry up to The Hollow Men. I hope you've enjoyed the ramifications of each phrase.

        Cheers,
         CR

        --- On Thu, 5/27/10, Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
          //A funtabulous fusion of hilarity and seriousness, Eliot's lines from 'Fourth Caprice in Montparnasse' deserve to stand at the head of "Prufrock and Other Observations" //

           -- an acid comment on what Vincent Sherry calls //"[the] underside of urban modernity"//