From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">DIana Manister
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:30 AM
Subject: Re: Mr. Eugenides

Peter, "sneaked," please!

lol

Diana

Sent from my iPod

On May 25, 2010, at 7:36 AM, Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Baudelaire snuck into CVhricyianity through the back door.
The savage's life is not horrible tothe savage, but the
civilised man becoming (reverting?) to savagery experiences
a deep sense of depravity, not a savagery. I seriously doubt
that Eliot would have seen 's state as savage. It was
obviously and patently an obsession. Savages are not obsessed.

In fact K had probably gone over the edge to possession, or hell.
I wonder if he would have met Baudelaire along the way.

P.