Dear Carrol,

I never wrote "making a point." I said the typist passage has a point.
I never said it only makes a single point either.

I think it's a bit harsh to judge every post to the list as if it were
published in a scholarly journal. Many are written in a rush on a
mobile. Certainly I could have used a better term to indicate what I
see as the main raisin d'ĂȘtre for the typist passage and surely would
if I were sending a critical essay to an editor. But some tolerance
from you for the nature of posts to a listsrv would be welcome.

Diana

Sent from my iPod