Dictionary.com has these definitions for suffer.  #5 is my best pick for
Tiresias' "foresuffered all."

-verb (used with object)

   5. to undergo, be subjected to, or endure (pain, distress, injury,
   loss or anything unpleasant): to suffer the pangs of conscience.

   6. to undergo or experience (any action, process, or condition):
   to suffer change.

   7. to tolerate or allow: I do not suffer fools gladly.