To put it right, THIS is what I wrote:

1. A funtabulous fusion of hilarity and seriousness, Eliot's lines from 'Fourth Caprice in Montparnasse' deserve to stand at the head of "Prufrock and Other Observations". {This is MY remark, not Vincent Sherry's.}

2. [Eliot's lines are, I observe,] an acid comment on [what Vincent Sherry calls] the "underside of urban modernity".

CR