Dear Rick,

Pound got Eliot's approval for his changes. He did not transform TWL
manuscript into a poem by Ezra Pound.

I put the word 'dissociated' in quotes to indicate irony -- which you
totally missed or deliberately ignored.

In that same post I stated that personae are learned, impermanent and
'normal' -- not necessarily a sign of mental illness. If everybody has
it, it's not abnormal.

Eliot more than any other poet presents this ordinary survival stategy
of putting on different faces for the faces that we meet as it was
exacerbated by the doubt and displacements caused by the war.
Adaptation in extremis. He presents it as ordinary, not as singular
pathology.

I never suggested that Pound or Eliot was interested in
psychoanalyzing TWL as evidence of individual abnormality. The
poignancy of the poem comprises its portrayal of an entire population
traumatized and in survival mode.

You do like a joke at my expense, but please take note of my entire
post and its punctuation before you launch another attempt to make me
look ridiculous.

Diana

Sent from my iPod