The old order passeth (all undertanding :))
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chokh Raj" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 6:51 AM
Subject: Re: a poetic reflection

Among other things, one could also perhaps look at the lines vis-a-vis a
certain impoverishment of life brought about by the erosion of
"tradition" -- an erosion that Eliot's critical and creative oeuvre laments.

CR

--- On Mon, 5/31/10, Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The lines certainly make an impression.
> Something like a seen from the Great Depression.
> Perhaps a foreshadowing thereof.
>
> P.

'Fourth Caprice in Montparnasse' deserve to stand at the head of "Prufrock
and Other Observations" //