I would like to know if I am the only one on this list who is crazy enough to put out eggshells for her birds to eat.  Not from boiled eggs, but whenever I bake or scramble eggs, I put the empty shells out in the backyard.  They always disappear eventually, and on several occasions, I have seen blue jays come in and leave with a half shell.  I have also had my daughter ask, with an air of total disbelief, "Why is your backyard filled with eggshells?"  Calcium is good for the little dears, isn't it?

Dency Kahn
Olivette, St. Louis County
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/