Today 4/16/2010 as I was on my way to work (about 08:00) I noticed some
shorebirds in a field that has been holding water all spring on MO 45
spur (which goes over to Leavenworth, KS) halfway between MO 45 and MO92
.  I turned around at my first opportunity and found 22 Blue-winged
Teal, 16 Greater Yellowlegs, 2 Lesser Yellowlegs and 5 Pectoral
Sandpipers.  It was lightly raining at the time and had been raining for
a couple of hours.  I stopped a couple of other times this week for a
few Blue-winged Teal, a Killdeer, and a single Greater Yellowlegs on
Wednesday.

John Bollin
School of Biological Sciences
University of Missouri at Kansas City