Sunday about 11am I was treated to a Northern Waterthrush in a tree by the Grotpeter Trail across from the second large loop parking lot on the right after the HQ building.  The bird was 12-15 feet up on a branch and stayed in one spot long enough for a good bino look at its finely streaked throat as the bird bobbed its rear end.

I was on the way back from a fruitless search for my first of the year Worm-eating Warbler that Mike Brady and Maryann had been listening to shortly before I arrived.  It had stopped singing and become invisible before they had left the area.

Jackie Chain   St Louis County   [log in to unmask]

http://mobirds.org/