There were two piping plovers in Ellis Bay at riverlands, seen from riverlands way, between heron pond and the dam, closer to the dam than heron pond. Nearby is a dead tree with a large root in the water near the shore. I watched them for maybe 20 minutes, and they didn’t move much, just hung out close to the near edge of the mud. Oddly, they were the only shorebirds I saw, though I didn’t spend a lot of time scanning.

Happy Birding,

Rad Widmer

Saint Louis