A couple of people suggested a Phoebe, but it isn't a Phoebe--I know the
Phoebe's voice. And Chuck-will's widow was also mentioned--it's not that
either.

Concerning the call:

whip-por-WHEAT . . . whip-por-WHEE-dle

the "WHEAT" syllable ascends, but "-dle" descends.

I've been listening to all of the flycatcher calls and nothing matches. It is not
a Baltimore Oriole, Summer Tanager, or Rose-Breasted Grosbeak (which we
have here as well).

If you are a musician, the rhythm is: dotted-eighth, sixteenth followed by a
quarter note; then dotted-eighth, sixteenth followed by sixteenth, dotted-
eighth.

Thanks everyone!

Debbie Nichols
Hannibal MO