Rolla area birders will be visiting Montauk Springs Saturday April 10th for a combined birding and wildflower outing, We have a pavilion set aside right before you cross the river where we can view the Eagles Nest with at least one hatchling walking about. We expect to see many species of wood warblers and as well as other migrants and a good variety of native Ozark wildflowers followed up by a Hot Dog roast and pot luck lunch, should be a great day and you are all welcome. If you can make it bring a pot luck dish and your own beverages.

We will car pool from the Rolla Kroger at 7:30 or you can just join us at Mountauk around 8:15,  we should be back by 1:30.

Birds of interest: N. Parula, Yellow throated, Yellow, Hooded, Black and White, L. Waterthrush, Common Yellowthroat, Blue Gray Gnatcatchers , E Towhee, Bewick Wren and who knows what else might fly by!

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO

Pablo Neruda.