The St. Louis Audubon Society is offering a birding trip to B K Leach (Lincoln County) and the Hwy 79 corridor this Saturday, April 10.

Time:  8:00 am until 2: 00 pm when the leader has to leave.  Others may want to continue longer.

Meeting Place:  The calendar lists this trip as a car pool trip so those who want to carpool should meet before 8:00 am  in the southeast corner of the Dierberg’s parking lot at the southwest side of the junction of I-70 and Hwy 79.    We will depart very shortly after 8:00 am.  For those who choose not to carpool we are tentatively planning on starting the birding at the northern parking lot of the Bittern Basin section of B K Leach, probably around 8:30 – 8:40 am.  However, as road and viewing conditions are unknown right now (see D Rogles post from Hwy 79 Monday) this could change.   Check MOBirds late Thursday for the exact location and time after I do a scouting trip Thursday.

Areas to be covered:  The intent is to cover most of B K Leach, which is vast, the Keeteman Rd sod farms north of  Old Monroe, the Firma Rd/Dalbow Rd loop if the flood waters have receded and Winfield Lock and Dam if time permits.  This is a lot of territory and we may not get it all.

Cost:  zero

Eligibility to attend:   None – all are welcome whether members of SLAS or not.

What to bring:  Binoculars, spotting scopes, lunch, water and FRS radios tuned to 11-22.   We will not stop in Elsberry for food or gas as the leader has it in for that city having been caught in their speed trap north of town last August.   We might stop in Winfield if there is a request.

Leader:  John Solodar