Thanks for sharing.  Best April 1 post for several years!

In one week, I get to be a birder again!  See y'all out there!

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO
On Apr 1, 2010, at 8:22 AM, Heidi McCullough wrote:

Christine Kline and I were birding Lake Jacomo yesterday afternoon, on a beautiful breezy day.  Not much happening on the lakeÖ.a couple male buffleheads, a single ring-gilled gull, a few cormorants in flight, plenty of TVís aloft,  and bluebirds a-courtiní in the trees.

 Most vexing was a flock of peeps.  Iíll admit Iím not the best at IDíing them, but luckily Christine had her camera and got some decent photos.  There are a variety of peeps, as you can see from the pictures,  but sizes were all quite similar.

The first photo was taken from a distance, the second is quite a bit closer, and after we flushed them, there is one shot of a few in flight.

http://www.mcculloughweb.com/peeps

Any help with IDs would be appreciated.

Have a great day, all   ;-)

Heidi McCullough , Kansas City (Platte County)

(with help from Christine)

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/