I should have added a note about behavior--especially the tail wagging of the two waterthrushes.

When teaching beginning birding, I find that people can relate to the following:

Louisiana Waterthrushes move their tails slowly to medium speed, from side to side--like a Cajun waltz.

Northern Waterthrushes move their tails more rapidly, more up and down--like a Yankee Clipper at sea.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO